Exit Animations

Mar 22, 2013

I can't seem to get my exit animations to work.

I did as the tutorial said but after the animation comes on, it stays there and does not exit.

This is a problem as I have multiple layers to a slide so need the animations to go before the next layer can start.

16 Replies
Natalie Marsden

I have just looked into the animations synching, I think this was the problem as I had not dragged the animation to the point I wanted it to exit, done that now and it works.

However I am still not sure how to get my other layer animations to begin,(on same slide)

I seem to have done something wrong with the layers and animations now the next layer is not animating?

Natalie Marsden

Hi Phil,

I seem to have solved part of the problem I had but I am not getting my animations to flow through each layer when I hit play.

I looked for a tutorial about this and can't seem to find one.

This is my screen shot showing all the layers I have on the one slide. You can see on the timeline how I have brought the animations in at the time they need to work with the speech.

Natalie

Natalie Marsden

Hi Phil

the animations are working and I play the first layer of the slide and it does this but after that layer is over the screen stays blank when I want the next layer to come on. The sound continues to play but no more animations appear. Yet when I view the layers one at a time they all work, I just don't knpow how to make the layers flow from one to the next continuously. I checked on the base layer it was showing the layers,

Natalie

Natalie Marsden

I've been looking into slide transitions on the animations tab and I realised it was set to 'no transitions' so I changed it to a 'fade smoothly transition' to each layer, i thought this would do it but no. This has not worked.

The layers I set up have animations to come in at set times, each layer should start on the timeline after the previous has finished, as this is how I set them.

You mentioned triggers before but I want it to jump to the next layer within the slide, not jump to the next slide.

Maybe it has something to do with the sound file? As I imported this into each layer, but it continues after the layer has ended. I did not think I had to chop the sound file up for each layer? Could it be this causing the problem?

Natalie

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.