Exit button

Mar 04, 2013

Hello

I have placed an exit button on a course.  It works fine when viewing the course in Storyline but not when I look at it through a web browser IE 6, 7 and 9.  It doesn't work when the course is ran from the LMS either.

If someone is working on a course, which is the best way to exit so they can return and work on it later.

Thank you

Ken

10 Replies
Justin Grenier

Good Morning Ashok, and welcome to Heroes!

Have you checked out the suggestions in this article and the first bullet in this article?  If you're still stuck after giving those a look, there are a few questions that might add some clarity to the problem:

1. What browser(s) is/are having the problem?  IE?  Firefox?  Chrome?  All of the above?  What OS(es)?  Windows?  Mac?  iPad?  All of the above?
  2. How are you publishing your content?  ...for LMS, Web, or CD?  ...or does it fail regardless of publishing method?
  3. Where are you testing your published content?  ...on your local hard drive, on the web, or in your LMS?  If on your LMS, which LMS is it?
You are also more than welcome topackage up your courseandsend it to us for a closer look.
Ashok kumar Mohan

I did the changes whatever mentioned below

1. Locate the Configuration.js in the following directory, depending on your version of Windows:
    • 32-bit Windows:  C:\Program Files\Articulate\Articulate Storyline\Content\lms
    • 64-bit Windows:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Articulate\Articulate Storyline\Content\lms
  2. Open the Configuration.js file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
  3. Change this line: var EXIT_BEHAVIOR = “SCORM_RECOMMENDED”;

To: var EXIT_BEHAVIOR = “ALWAYS_CLOSE”;
  4. Republish your course.

If it still doesn't work, try changing the line in step 3 to: var EXIT_BEHAVIOR = “ALWAYS_CLOSE_TOP”;

But it doesn't work :(

Ashok kumar Mohan

Justin Grenier said:

Good Morning Ashok, and welcome to Heroes!

Have you checked out the suggestions in this article and the first bullet in this article?  If you're still stuck after giving those a look, there are a few questions that might add some clarity to the problem:

1. What browser(s) is/are having the problem?  IE?  Firefox?  Chrome?  All of the above?  What OS(es)?  Windows?  Mac?  iPad?  All of the above?
  2. How are you publishing your content?  ...for LMS, Web, or CD?  ...or does it fail regardless of publishing method?
  3. Where are you testing your published content?  ...on your local hard drive, on the web, or in your LMS?  If on your LMS, which LMS is it?
You are also more than welcome to package up your course and send it to us for a closer look.

Thanks Justin

Here are the answers for above your questions.

1. I am using Windows-7 only.

2. I had puplished through "WEB"

3. In my local "Hard Drive" on the Web.

Please do help me.

Thanks

Ashok

Ashok kumar Mohan

I have fount the answer for above the same, and sharing here what you suppose to do for works Exit button.

Step1: Open your course in IE or anyother browser.

Step2: Right Click anywhere on the player, and a dialog box will appear, then select "Global Setting"

Step3: Once you click on Global setting, you will get pop up box is called "Flash Player Setting manager" and there you can see four taps on top.

Step4: Click "Advanced" tab

Step5: Scroll down and Click "Trusted Location Setting"  then it will popup one more box

Step6: Click "Add" button

Step7: Once you click Add button it will ask "Add file or Add Location" give the details ( like C:/ drive )

Step8: Click "Confrom" button.

Once you done all the steps close it and reopen your course.

It will work close button.

Thanks

Ashok

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.