9 Replies
Brent deMoville

I am having the same issue with Storyline.  I followed the instructions in the article and it will still not close the course.  It is doing this both in Chrome and IE9.  I created a launch page and I tried both modifications of the configurations.js file and nothing seems to work.  The content is being launched from a web server though not through an LMS.  I will try it from the LMS, but I want the ability to have the content launch from both places and close correctly.

Michael Hinze

I don't know if this would work for you, but I had a similar issue with a client that launched Storyline course from within a Moddle LMS. The Exit Course triggers didn't work for them. I ended up using a JumptoURL/File trigger that calls an HTML page in the current browser window. This HTML page does nothing else but close on itself. Here is a quick example: http://dev.keypointlearn.com/xcl71_SL/Exit/V1/story.html

Michael Hinze

Brent deMoville said:

Michael:

I am willing to give that a shot, but I am not sure I am fully tracking your suggestion.  Did you set-up the called HTML page and if so, does it have code on it that drives the closure?  I'm not sure what I am pointing to with the JumptoURL command.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Brent, the HTML page I set up only has a few lines, see attached. Just make sure that you set up the JumpToURL trigger to open this HTML page IN THE CURRENT BROWSER WINDOW and then give it a try. It worked for my client and I know they did quite a bit of testing with various browsers in their LMS.

Thomas Albright

Michael Hinze said:

Brent deMoville said:

Michael:

I am willing to give that a shot, but I am not sure I am fully tracking your suggestion.  Did you set-up the called HTML page and if so, does it have code on it that drives the closure?  I'm not sure what I am pointing to with the JumptoURL command.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Brent, the HTML page I set up only has a few lines, see attached. Just make sure that you set up the JumpToURL trigger to open this HTML page IN THE CURRENT BROWSER WINDOW and then give it a try. It worked for my client and I know they did quite a bit of testing with various browsers in their LMS.

Michael,

I love the idea but the link to windowcloser.htm is not working for me.

Any chance you could post a sample Story file?

Thanks!