Exit Course Button!

Aug 07, 2013

Has anyone figured out the problem for the Exit Course button issue yet??? I have changed my configuration files according to instructions, and STILL the Exit Course button does not close out the Storyline file. My boss is starting to get irritated with Storyline and I DON'T want to have to change programs! I love all the other features!

9 Replies
Brent deMoville

I am having the same issue with Storyline.  I followed the instructions in the article and it will still not close the course.  It is doing this both in Chrome and IE9.  I created a launch page and I tried both modifications of the configurations.js file and nothing seems to work.  The content is being launched from a web server though not through an LMS.  I will try it from the LMS, but I want the ability to have the content launch from both places and close correctly.

Michael Hinze

I don't know if this would work for you, but I had a similar issue with a client that launched Storyline course from within a Moddle LMS. The Exit Course triggers didn't work for them. I ended up using a JumptoURL/File trigger that calls an HTML page in the current browser window. This HTML page does nothing else but close on itself. Here is a quick example: http://dev.keypointlearn.com/xcl71_SL/Exit/V1/story.html

Michael Hinze

Brent deMoville said:

Michael:

I am willing to give that a shot, but I am not sure I am fully tracking your suggestion.  Did you set-up the called HTML page and if so, does it have code on it that drives the closure?  I'm not sure what I am pointing to with the JumptoURL command.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Brent, the HTML page I set up only has a few lines, see attached. Just make sure that you set up the JumpToURL trigger to open this HTML page IN THE CURRENT BROWSER WINDOW and then give it a try. It worked for my client and I know they did quite a bit of testing with various browsers in their LMS.

Thomas Albright

Michael Hinze said:

Brent deMoville said:

Michael:

I am willing to give that a shot, but I am not sure I am fully tracking your suggestion.  Did you set-up the called HTML page and if so, does it have code on it that drives the closure?  I'm not sure what I am pointing to with the JumptoURL command.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Brent, the HTML page I set up only has a few lines, see attached. Just make sure that you set up the JumpToURL trigger to open this HTML page IN THE CURRENT BROWSER WINDOW and then give it a try. It worked for my client and I know they did quite a bit of testing with various browsers in their LMS.

Michael,

I love the idea but the link to windowcloser.htm is not working for me.

Any chance you could post a sample Story file?

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.