Exit Course Trigger Not Working

Jan 08, 2016

I have a training module that opens up in a new window. I selected the "Launch player in new window", included "target="_blank" in my html and edited the Configuration.js file (both as ALWAYS_CLOSE and ALWAYS_CLOSE_TOP). I am trying to test out the LMS results tracking and without being able to properly close the training module, the results are not registering in our LRS. I know this issue has been raised quite a bit but I am not sure what else to try to get this to work. Every time I hit the exit button that I have included in my training, I get an error message that the page has become unresponsive.

6 Replies
Claire Peterson

Hi Daniel,

We are using the Grassblade xAPI Companion for Wordpress with the demo version of  Grassblade LRS that they offer on their site to try before you buy, no LMS at the moment. The exit course button seems to be working properly with Internet Explorer, but will not work with Mozilla or Chrome. The alert window pops up in IE but it just gets hung up in the other browsers.

Daniel Sposato (Philly)

I have never used Grassblade, so I can't help you there. I have done most of my testing through scormcloud.com and our in-house tool in the past. You could try uploading the course to scormcloud.com for free. I am able to do a lot of troubleshooting with information from their site with the feedback I get.

Are you able to share any parts of the course for me or others to look at? Might be able to help you better then.

Claire Peterson

@Daniel, The course we are using to test can be found here: http://www.misin.msu.edu/grassblade/

We might end up using javascript to extract the logged in user information, time stamp and a pass or fail to a table and avoid the whole LMS/LRS system.

@ Leslie, Yup! I tried in I.E, Firefox and Chrome. Both Firefox and Chrome got hung up after clicking the Exit button and I got the error message that the pages had become unresponsive. For some reason I.E was the only browser that worked properly. Also, the configuration file is still set to "ALWAYS_CLOSE_TOP"

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.