Exit issue on iPad IOS11 with Storyline 360

Oct 30, 2018

When I click on the exit button then the bookmark popup is appearing instead of closing the course. This is happening only on iPad (IOS11).

Moreover, course works fine on desktop, laptop, iPad (IOS10 and IOS 12). It's creating an issue only for IOS11.

If anyone faces this issue, please let me know what is the reason why the course is showing the bookmark popup instead of closing the course.

It's an urgent requirement.

Thanks in Advance!

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Manish,

We're happy to help you test this! Can you tell me more about your testing so we can try and recreate the issue on our side?

• Is the Exit button inside the Player as a tab, or is it on the slide as a button?
  • Is the course hosted on a learning management system or a web server?
  • Were you using the Safari or Chrome browser?
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Manish,

Thanks for sharing that info! I haven't seen an exit course button show the prompt to resume, but it sounds like it's closing the course and immediately bringing the learner back to where they could start again? 

I'd want to see how this was behaving in another environment such as SCORM Cloud to rule out any LMS interference. Can you share a copy of your .story file here with us? 

Manish Agarwal

Hi Ashley,

I was also thinking exactly the same which you are saying but this is not the case.

To start the course again, it will take some time to load but it is not happening. when the user clicks on the exit button then the resume popup is appearing immediately without any delay. Hence, I was a bit confused about what was the reason behind this.

We have checked 3 courses on IOS 11 and all courses throw a resume popup. Except for IOS11, all courses are working fine in all browsers and all iPad IOS version.

It would be great if you can create 4-5 pages course at your end and check the same on iPad IOS11 because we can not share the source file.

Looking forward to hearing your response.

Thanks for your Support.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Manish,

Sure - I created a sample file that I uploaded to SCORM Cloud here. 

I used an iPad with iOS 11 and Safari, and every time I clicked the exit button on the slide or the exit button in the player I was brought back to SCORM Cloud and had the option to relaunch the course. I never saw that pop up as you're showing.

Can you test out my course and see how it behaves for you? I've also attached a copy of my project in case you'd like to test uploading that into your LMS environment. If you see the same popup there, I'd suggest reaching out to your LMS admin next as there is likely a setting on their end which is preventing the course from fully exiting. 

Oh, also I published with Storyline 360, build 3.21.17083.0, SCORM 2004, and had the modern player enabled. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.