Exporting completion data to Office 365 sheet

Sep 08, 2016

Turns out it's impossible to get SCORM packages to work in Learn, and linking up courses as HTML5 works, but does not allow me to track student progress (see this discussion for details).

As a workaround, it was suggested to me to export test results to a google spreadsheet. This, however, has major disadvantages, not least the fact that sensitive student data should not be placed in non-secure places. I wondered if you could help me figuring this out:

- Is it possible to place a code in a Storyline slide, which would export the information on whether a student reached this slide, to an Office 365 sheet?

- Is it possible to have this code also export information on which student that was (e.g. their student ID or Learn ID)?

- If so, what would be the code to use?

Most obliged for any help you can offer! Thanks!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry to hear about the struggles you've run into with your LMS and tracking data. Any additional coding that you'd look at including would likely need to be set up in Javascript and although it's not something that our team can offer support for, it is something that a number of folks in the community could weigh in on. In the meantime you may also want to take a look at the information here in regards to the Javascript best practices.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.