Exporting english file for translation does not work.

Hello!

I am trying to export an english e-learning for translation in Storyline 1. When I set the file to export, it shows the progress bar, but then there is an error beep and I see a dialogue box with no text and an exclamation mark, and there is no file in the destination folder I have assigned (please see screenshot attached).

I have done this earlier and it worked fine. I tried this first in Storyline 1 (for which I have a license) and when it didnt work, I tried in in Storyline 2 (am migrating to Storyline 2 but haven't bought the license yet) and in both cases it didn't work.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

4 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Jay!

Our team has been looking into this but with very inconsistent results from our own staff and users files from other threads. Could you connect with our Support team and share a copy of your .story file and all the details about your system set up so that we could take a look at trying it in your file? 

Christie Pollick

Hi, Jay -- So sorry to hear of the trouble you are having here! There are a few things we can try first to rule out some common issues. You may want to try importing the file into a new file, and if you are still having issues, you might want to try to repair Storyline.

Please let us know if that does the trick or if you need further assistance! :)

Christie Pollick

Hi, Jay -- Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear that issues persist for you, even within SL2. As Leslie had shared above, it may be best to work with our Support Engineers directly so they can delve a bit deeper into where your issue may be occurring. 

Using this form to submit your case, I'd recommend that you share a copy of your .story file and be sure to include details about your system set up so they can assist you further. I will be sure to follow along with their progress and share updates here for others who may benefit. :)