Failed to import PowerPoint presentation

Mar 18, 2015

Good Morning,

Has anyone ever encountered the error message:

X Failed to import PowerPoint presentation

The presentation 'file name' could not be imported.  Find out why here

I repaired Microsoft but am still not able to import PPT from any location.

Thanks for any assistance.

8 Replies
Chris Wall

I'm having the same issue, and, like Theda, I'm still getting the error.

Even when I create a simple, single-slide presentation, a presentation about as basic as can possibly be, and it's not working. Not even when I save the presentation to my desktop and try to import it from there.

I've checked for Storyline and PPT updates and none are available.

I've tried importing a PPT deck from Storyline's main screen and, after creating a Storyline file, by adding a new slide and importing from that dialog.

All my efforts result in the same error.

Chris Wall

Here's a very simple file that failed to load into Storyline (I'm using PPT 2013). It's one slide with just text. I set up the Storyline deck to have a 16:9 aspect ratio, and then tried to import the slide.

I also manually inserted a slide and then, when adding a new file, tried to import from PPT.

Both methods failed.

I've asked our IT department to see if there's anything goofy going on with my computer as earlier this year, I was a pilot user for Office 2016, and then, after the pilot trial concluded, I was switched back to Office 2013. When I read that it might appear that I had multiple versions of PPT on my PC, I did the Repair Office procedure that your help screen pointed me to.

Aft

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.