Fast track through Storyline 360

Dec 12, 2020

Hi All.

I need to have options to:

1. Fast track through a scene with multiple audio files, graphics, etc. So the user can get to the point in the slide quickly without having to sit through the time waiting to get to the point on the layer they want.

2. Audio on/off toggle so the user can read with or without audio and the timeline takes the same time either way.

For option 1, I currently use cue points to jump from one audio file to another (could be 3-4 per layer) based on the right mouse click for each jump.  This works ok. Tedious, but ok (grateful if someone has a better way).

BUT when I add in the function to simply toggle audio on or off the audio file shows on the timeline as one long file from timeline start to finish and I lose the ability to setup my cue points based on the actual start/finish time of each audio file.

This is very annoying as when the story is client reviewed and audio is modified, I need to realign my cue points and to do this I need to disable the audio on/off toggle so I can see the start and finish of the audio on the timeline.

Any thoughts as to a better way to achieve these two options?

1 Reply
Walt Hamilton

I would put each unique audio part on a separate layer. Then put triggers on base and layers to advance to next one when one finishes. That way, each audio can have its own toggle on/off button. Put objects on base that show on each layer and that jump to the various layers. That way learners can jump to whichever layer they want.