Feedback master not changing

Oct 19, 2018

Hi

I' using Storyline 360 and I'm experiencing an issue with Feedback Master not working, which has been well documented by others.  I've tried to go through various discussions to find a solution but it refuses to work.

I have edit a feedback master, to include an updated font, font colour, button style and background.  When I then try to use this Feedback Master, the general design (the background, transition type and colour of the main box) all work as intended.

But, the text is black - not white (in the Master I set it to white).  And the button does not show up as per the Feedback Master either.

Why isn't this working as intended?  And how can it be fixed?  Storyline is great in so many ways... but I waste countless hours on little bugs like this!

7 Replies
E W

Hi Ashley

Thanks for this.  

Having played with the theme colours, it does like look this could be the cause - but I'm struggling to be able to narrow down howto create the appropriate colour palette.  Each time I make an amendment, it knocks other colours completely out.

Is there a detailed guide on this?  As I'm tearing my hair out trying to get this to work! :(

Daniel Servan

Hello,

Based on my understanding, the possible reason why the feedback text is not changing because the text in the Correct Feedback layer is not the default text when the quiz was created. If you delete the generated Text Box upon the quiz created and replace with new Text Box, the new Text Box will not be linked to the Feedback Master anymore. The generated Text Box might be accidentally deleted and replaced.

Hope this helps.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ed, 

Within the tutorial we have the theme color options and what they connect to outlined as shown here:

• Text/Background - Dark 1 is the default text color for light slide backgrounds and shapes. It's also one of the slide background styles on the ribbon's Design tab.
  • Text/Background - Light 1 is the default text color for dark slide backgrounds and shapes. It's also one of the slide background styles on the ribbon's Design tab.
  • Text/Background - Dark 2 and Text/Background - Light 2 are slide background styles on the ribbon's Design tab.
  • Accent 1 is the default fill color for shapes, captions, check box styles 1 and 2, and radio button styles 1 and 2.
  • Accents 2-6 are colors you can choose in style galleries and color selectors throughout Storyline.
  • Hyperlink is the color used for text hyperlinks.
  • Control 1 is the hover color for buttons and answer choices (except drag items, drop-down questions, and Likert scale questions, which use Custom 2).
  • Custom 1 is the default fill color for buttons.
  • Custom 2 is the default color for check box styles 3 and 4 as well as radio button styles 3 and 4. It’s also the hover color for drag items, drop-down questions, and Likert scale questions.

Also, if you're stuck feel free to share your .story file and we can also take a look! 

Vincent Scoma

Hi Roxanne, 

Happy to help here! 

Does the button on the Feedback Master have the appropriate triggers connected to them? If the triggers are not connected to the button, this could be the reason why they are not working. 

If you need our help to take a look at your file, we're always more than happy to help! You can share files in this thread, or you're welcome to share them privately here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.