File converted from Storyline 2 to Storyline 360 - text colours not displaying correctly in some layers

Dec 08, 2016

I've been testing converting some files from Storyline 2 to Storyline 360. I have found that some text colours are not displaying correctly on some layers in the Storyline 360 file, e.g. the blue is a different blue. The text is the correct colour in other parts of the file. Is this a bug? 

20 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Elissa - thanks for reaching out! That's strange, I've not heard of an issue like this before. Are you noticing a difference in text color in Edit/Preview mode, or after publishing? 

Would you mind sharing your Storyline 2 file here so I can test upgrading it to SL360 on my end? You can use the Add Attachment  button at the bottom of the reply window.

Elissa Purtell

Hi,

I have noticed the different in colour in edit and preview and also after publishing. 

I have created a simplified sample file to show you this issue. It's the title on Layer 4 that displays the issue. The same blue colour (that's part of the theme) is also used in other places in the project.

Note: The file I'm sending is the original SL2 file.

Thanks for your help.

Elissa 

Wendy Farmer

Hi Elissa

in my experience when converting files from SL1 to SL2 a similar issue happened with layers but it was font type not colour.  The fonts on the base layer were fine but on the layers all reverted to Articulate font.

I vaguely remember logging a support case but don't think there was ever a resolution. We just added to our QA checklist to check all fonts on layers when we reviewed the module.

Not sure how you have applied the theme but wonder if you could export the theme with the correct colours from SL2 and import into SL360 and apply it - I know it's not ideal but it might help you.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Elissa - I apologize for the delay. Do you experience this issue with any other project? I can see this issue in your file and if I import into a new file, but reproducing has not worked as well. I'm curious now if it's just something with your particular file or if it is a bigger issue. If you can reproduce, let's get you over into a support case here so we can get it reported.

Ali Goulet

Hey all,

Great news - Articulate 360 Update 5 is now available! It includes a number of fixes detailed in the release notes here.  

The item you may be interested in is how it fixed the issue where text colors could change when upgrading a Storyline 2 project to Storyline 360.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the “Update” button next to each tool.

Let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.