Find/Replace doesn't function correctly for marker labels

I just noticed today that if you are using Find/Replace in Storyline 2 to locate a particular word and replace it, it will not function correctly within a marker label.  For example, we wanted to change the word  "shouldn't" with "should not" throughout a Storyline 2 file.  When we selected the "Replace all" button it did not replace "shouldn't" with "should not" in the marker label.  If you just use a Find only it does locate the word in the label it just won't replace it.  Has anyone else come across this?

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Tex,

I don't have any information about the status of fixing this particular functionality, but I wanted to confirm if you were using Storyline 1, 2 or 360? Our team evaluates bugs and their fixes based on customer time, viable workarounds, and the involvement of the fix and how that impacts other priorities - so knowing which version you're in and how this is impacting your courses is good information I'd like to include in the report filed.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Lesa,

Sorry to hear that you've been impacted as well.

I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

That being said, I do not have an update to provide. I also wanted to share a possible workaround shared by another community member that may help you out in the meantime:

  • Export for translation
  • Find and replace in Word
  • Reimport
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Tex,

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where:

Player Search doesn't work on Markers

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.