Flash

Sep 22, 2016

I am wondering how the announcement by Chrome (https://chrome.googleblog.com/2016/08/flash-and-chrome.html?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTURrMlpHVTBPVE5oWVRCaCIsInQiOiJVNFB3a2VkUDJ4VXcrKytFYnZxa1lcL1VZVHR6clZQVVF1SFBGSFwvYlo1ZDVURWlWRlkzU0Q4V3FtNTIrT3I0VGV2eStDK1lIWm9SeHNjcVhCcGxUOEM4eFVmQ1NSZFltZ1RLTkdUZDZ3N29rPSJ9) of their move to HTML 5 in December will affect SL2, Studio and Player and course created with those tools?  

When I publish, I always check the html5, but is this browser flash change going to necessitate a change in how the files are put on a website?

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sylvia, 

We've heard a lot of talk about the removal of Flash from Chrome and other browsers, and Chrome did already make a change in regards to the local playback as mentioned here. With that in mind, and the ever changing landscape of browsers, we think the future is to devote our resources to an HTML5-first/HTML5-only world, and our focus is on that very thing as we speak. Keeping in mind that some customers will still need Flash based content, we'll continue to provide that option as well. So in the meantime, you can look at the options to enable Flash locally and in the browser for web based content - and if publishing content for HTML5 let your users know the current browsers in which we support HTML5 content. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.