Font Change When Importing Translations

Hi Everyone,

I'm working with Storyline 360, and we're having an issue with fonts when using the translation feature (I'm a project manager at a translation agency).

We export the content for translation into a Word file, translate it using our own translation tools, and then import it back into Storyline. The issue is that when we do, everything, or almost everything, that should be in Ariel appears in Microsoft Sans Serif instead. There are a couple of other, more unusual fonts in the series of courses we're working on, but they come out fine - the problem is just with Ariel.

So far the only way I've figured out to fix this is to manually select every text box and change the font that way...which is not great, with tens of thousands of words to deal with!

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a way to maintain fonts more accurately when importing through the translation feature?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have,

Joe

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Joe,

I've seen a similar issue reported before, and we'd want to have a closer look at your file to verify that what you're seeing is related to the bug mentioned in that discussion. Could you send a copy of your file to our team by clicking here? 

In the meantime, it might be worth trying the workaround mentioned later in that same thread. Let me know if that works!

Joe Swan

Just wanted to let everybody know, if anyone else is following this thread, that we found a solution for this issue: the Replace Fonts feature, which you can access by clicking on the drop-down arrow to the right of Find/Replace.

It gives you a list of all of the active fonts in your .story file, so you can just select the font you don't want (Microsoft Sans Serif in my case) and replace all occurrences of it with the one you do want (Ariel, for me). Nifty!

Gabo Ko

Hi! Tnak you Joe!! I had the same problem. The Storyline file was in Arial an so was the Word file, but when importing the translated Word file into Storyline, it changed to MS San Serif. I don't know why. 

I have a very big file with a lot of text and changing every text manualy would have been a hell of a task. But I could fix it with your solution.