Font Color Changes on Preview and Publish

I have some pages where there is blue text (to simulate a hyperlink) behind a hotspot, and the hotspot shows a layer. It has been working, but now I'm on a different laptop (Windows 7 64-bit) and the blue text is visible in the workspace but not when the page is previewed or published.

Is this a known issue? I could bold it, but it's not the same. I redid one of the text boxes but that didn't help. Maybe I have to rebuild the slide from scratch, but since there are several slides like this, I'd like a less labor-intensive fix.

Thanks.

Amy

12 Replies
Amy L.

Hi Emily,

Yes, I am working from a laptop. Ages ago, I worked on the file on a Windows 7 32-bit machine running update 5. The machine I'm working from now is way faster and has Windows 7 64-bit, running update 8.

That's all I know. I couldn't open my latest file on the old machine. I'll see if IT will let me get updated to the latest. However, that might not solve anything if the font-color bug is in a post-5 update.

I could try importing into a new file, but I would be a little worried. The file is 810 MB, and slides are precise and detailed.

Thanks.

Amy

 

Amy L.

Okay, I saved three slides that are all set up the same way. The first one, I played with changing the text color using the little pop-up text editing bar vs. the main ribbon (which I usually use). So now, I only show "here" as blue but in preview and publish, the whole sentence from here to the end is blue.

Middle slide, I tried nothing.

Last does the same thing as the first.

Emily Ruby

Hello Amy!

Thanks for sharing the file. I did see in the first slide the text was blue in the whole line, however I also saw the issues with the other 2 slides. Unfortunately i am not able to recreate this in a new file from my end. I did import your first 2 slides into a new file and was able to get this to work as designed. See attached file for reference.

Amy G.

Okay, I figured out the problem. The text boxes that weren't rendering color correctly all had a text variable (learner's name). If I remove the variable, everything works.

However, this was not the case in update 5. All of those text boxes worked. When I pulled the course in update 8,  the problems occurred. I tested this across two machines too.

So, problem solved, but this does appear to be a bug that creates some limitations.

 

Thanks.

Amy

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Amy,

Thanks for clarifying! Also, I see what you're describing now in regards to the font color with the variable reference. That issue is with our QA team in regards to Update 8 of Storyline 1 but I don't have any additional information to share. Also just so you know this works as expected in Storyline 2.