Font distortion in Storyline 360

Feb 16, 2017

Hi-

I created a project in Storyline 2 and am using my company required font of Roboto. Today, I downloaded the trial of 360 since we are getting ready to purchase, and opened my project there to continue work. When I preview a slide, all of the text is distorted (no letters are the same) and I'm not sure how to fix? Any ideas? thanks!

Christina

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Christina!

I have an update for you! Roboto automatically gets installed on your computer when you install Articulate Storyline 360. I'm assuming you may have already had the Roboto font installed on  your computer, since it is a company-required font. It looks like the font you manually installed interferes with the one Storyline 360 installed, so to fix the issue, you'll want to follow these steps:

1. Access the Fonts folder from your Windows Control Panel, then right-click and delete all Roboto fonts. 
  2. Uninstall and reinstall Storyline 360. (Roboto will automatically reinstall on your computer)
  3. Open a Storyline 360 file that contains the Roboto font, and check that the font looks correct.

Give that a try, and let me know if it works on your end!

Lauren Connelly

Hi Saniya!

I'm happy to help! 

Here are a few questions to get us started troubleshooting:

• Are you copying and pasting the text from another resource?
  • If not, are you translating manually?
  • Are you seeing the same error when publishing the file? 

Lastly, I'd love to take a look at the affected file! You can either attach it to this discussion by using the Add Attachment button, or you can share it privately with this secure upload link.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.