Font issue in Storyline 360

Dec 20, 2016

The font Adobe Caslon Pro shows up as symbols and scrambled during preview.  However, it shows up fine in Storyline 2. 

Advice would be appreciated.

Attached is a screenshot

66 Replies
Heather Moffitt

Hi there,

I am having the same issue on my end but with Berthold Akzidenz Grotesk BE Cn Font. The font looks fine and correct on the story view and when I am working on it but during Preview and after Publishing it looks all wonky. I have tried to replace all fonts with the same font and it won't allow me to do that. I have updated to the most recent Storyline 360 and that did not help either. It's happening on multiple computers so it isn't a bug in our situation. Please see screen shots for clarification.  Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Alyssa Gomez

That's a great point, Phil. After looking at Heather's screenshot of Edit mode, I can see she's using Bold with 80pt font. I adjusted my settings to replicate hers, and I'm still not seeing the issue on my end. However it does look like the spacing of the characters of Heather's slide in Edit Mode looks different than mine, so I'd be interested to take a closer look at her file. 

Also thanks for sharing your screenshots, Phil. What font are you using there? 

Heather Moffitt

Hi Alyssa!

Thank you for your help! Actually when I went to go copy and paste one of the slides into a new Storyline 360 file, the font magically works in preview and published! Looks like it was our custom player we created in Storyline 2 that was causing the problem carrying over to 360 - once we fix that hopefully we won't have any more font issues.  We'll let you know if we have any other problems down the road.  Thank you! :)

~Heather

Heather Moffitt

Never mind! Sorry Alyssa, false alarm. I'm using the Storyline default player and still having issues with the same font. I have attached a sample of the Storyline 360 file and the zipped Berthold Akzidenz font. Thank you! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hey again Heather,

Thanks for sharing the font and your .story file with me. I deleted the font I had previously downloaded and installed the one you sent, and I'm still not seeing a spacing issue in a new file, but I do see some odd things going on with the fonts in your file. I'd like to pass this along to our engineers to have a closer look, so I've opened a support case on your behalf (01010351). You should see an email from someone on the team shortly!

Katie Reynolds

Hi All,

It's my first time posting here so Hello.  I'm having this issue however with Arial font, I cannot get this to play how it appears in Articulate 360 at all.  I've approached the LMS Admin and they suggest it's not their end but I'm unsure what else to try.

I created a new project, I updated the font in the player, I've re-published and re-published.  I have checked in a SCORM Cloud player and it works there so have gone back to the LMS Admin but thought I would try here again as I've never published with 360 and never had an issue with Storyline - is there something I'm missing in the upgrade?

Thanks,

Katie

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Katie! Sorry this has been giving you headaches. If you notice that the font looks correct in Articulate 360 and in SCORM Cloud, then it sounds like this issue is due to your LMS. I'm sure you feel like you're stuck in a loop since they suggest the problem is not on their end.

What LMS are you using? Maybe other folks who use the same LMS can chime in and offer advice!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.