Font not being recognised

Hey all. 

Has anyone come across their storyline file not recognising the font, but only in preview mode or when publishing?

Have no aler0ts saying there's a missing font, in fact it's a standard default font (montserrat regular) the slides are fine but in preview or publish I get the attached screen shot. If I chance the font it's fine. It's only this storyline or versions of this file that do it. So for example if I download a previous version from my back up, still does it. If you make a copy it still does it. If I get someone else to to send me a previously working version, still does it. 

I've got a different storyline file that uses the same font and I don't have the issue. 

If I open the storyline file on a different laptop, I don't have the issue. So if it one of those unexplained laptop/ software/ file issues or does anyone have a solution? 

Tried uninstalling storyline. Tried shutting down the PC in a classic IT hope it will solves itself. I havn't yet tried praying to the storyline gods.....

cheers

Phil

 

3 Replies
Sarah Bezanson

I had a similar issue recently using the fonts Railway and Josephine Sans. Both are fonts that are part of company brand packages. No errors visible when previewing a Storyline file, but on publishing, text on the layouts of particular slides became condensed. This was noted anywhere the colour of the text was changed to highlight/underline a key point, as well as on any slides where a text box was used that had a divider between it to separate LS from RS content within the box. Can't guarantee it's the same issue, but the screenshot appears to reflect a similar experience to what I had. I checked with our LMS provider, with Articulate, and with SCORM and they had not seen this with these fonts before from what was shared. The solution was to change the font to the closest I could find to the brand-package choices in appearance.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi everyone,

We have some documentation here regarding learners seeing the wrong fonts or missing letters when viewing the content in the HTML5 output.

Take a look and see if the troubleshooting there helps.

If you need further assistance, then with your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.