Hello,

I have the following issue:

There is a difference  of the font size of a text in a textbox between:

- when i select the shape of the textbox

- when i edit the text in the textbox

exemple:

size font : 18.5 when the shape of the texbox is selected

Size font: 15: when the text in the texbox is edited

What is the right information for the font size?

Thank you for your answer.

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laurent,

I'm not able to recreate what you're seeing - one thing to always check is that you're viewing your course at 100% as that can change how you view the text size sometimes when clicking within the textbox. If that doesn't help -  I'm not able to recreate what you're seeing, so if you'd like to share your .story file here I'm happy to take a look. 

Laurent GALAUP

Here is the file.

there is no problem on how i see the text size. there is a problem on the information that articulate storyline gives to me.

when i select the textbox, there is one size displayed (on the "Font" panel) . When i select the text that is in the textbox,, the text size displayed (on the "Font" panel) is not the same ! 

Visually, the text size is the same.

I opened this .story on another computer and the text size displayed on the "Font" panel is the same when i select the textbox or the text in the textbox.

the problem is not only on this .story but on each .story that open on my computer.

Craig Blackburn

I am having the same issue on my courses on a particular PC

Interestingly, I opened Laurent's example and the 2 font sizes were 17 & 19, not 15 & 18.5 as per his intial screenshot.

I have been testing publishing my course and I believe the font size when you select the text is what is actually displayed but it is very confusing!!

Would be very eager to hear if there is a fix for this.

P.S In case its a help I am on Update 3: 1305 2012 and my PC is Windows 7.  I did not have the issue on my old XP machine - I have also found that some objects get re-positioned & re-sized when opening a course authored on XP on a Windows 7 machine.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laurent, 

Thanks for sending along your file - I opened it up and both ways it showed it with font size 18.5. Since I see it one way, you see it another, and Craig sees it a completely different way - it's definitely something with all of our own individual settings. What is different about the computer your using vs. the one you tested it on? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.