Fonts not showing up properly in various browsers

Strange behaviour:

We have edited two huge WBTs in Storyline 360 with Google’s font “Robot” as the main font. Having checked "Modern Fonts" the font should display normally in HTML5 output – and it did in the testing phase. However, now in one of the trainings the font is substituted by Times. We treated and exported them in the exact same way.

- I tried updating Storyline 360.

- I redid the „Modern Fonts“ function from scratch. I tried this 3 – 4 times, new export etc. (Browser cache emptied.)

- At least the headline and bold fonts showed up in the first place, now even that has crashed.

- I asked a programmer and he grabbed me these failure reports from the source code:
• Range glyph reference too high (1798 > 1249)
• Failed to parse table
• downloadable font: rejected by sanitizer
• font load failed
......

downloadable font: cmap: Range glyph reference too high (1798 > 1249) (font-family: "Roboto Charset1_ 6ZywXKAC65DE46" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: data:application/font-woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAD2MAA8AAAAAisQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABPUy8yAAABWAAAAFcAAABgoKesrWNtYXAAAA … Ia5mauIgFldZgreZLIjF3ZziB1HHc3NTV7INiMUrIsjLyQZi8dkYqcsIghyzSYCLHehYBdfaTAmXTQZCjMWbNogAiQARxpJNDSCiQISxdBO/DFAsX4axFADpGjJvAAAA

downloadable font: cmap: Failed to parse table (font-family: "Roboto Charset1_ 6ZywXKAC65DE46" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: data:application/font-woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAD2MAA8AAAAAisQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABPUy8yAAABWAAAAFcAAABgoKesrWNtYXAAAA … Ia5mauIgFldZgreZLIjF3ZziB1HHc3NTV7INiMUrIsjLyQZi8dkYqcsIghyzSYCLHehYBdfaTAmXTQZCjMWbNogAiQARxpJNDSCiQISxdBO/DFAsX4axFADpGjJvAAAA

downloadable font: rejected by sanitizer (font-family: "Roboto Charset1_ 6ZywXKAC65DE46" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: data:application/font-woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAD2MAA8AAAAAisQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABPUy8yAAABWAAAAFcAAABgoKesrWNtYXAAAA … Ia5mauIgFldZgreZLIjF3ZziB1HHc3NTV7INiMUrIsjLyQZi8dkYqcsIghyzSYCLHehYBdfaTAmXTQZCjMWbNogAiQARxpJNDSCiQISxdBO/DFAsX4axFADpGjJvAAAA

downloadable font: font load failed (font-family: "Roboto Charset1_ 6ZywXKAC65DE46" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: data:application/font-woff;base64,d09GRgABAAAAAD2MAA8AAAAAisQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABPUy8yAAABWAAAAFcAAABgoKesrWNtYXAAAA … Ia5mauIgFldZgreZLIjF3ZziB1HHc3NTV7INiMUrIsjLyQZi8dkYqcsIghyzSYCLHehYBdfaTAmXTQZCjMWbNogAiQARxpJNDSCiQISxdBO/DFAsX4axFADpGjJvAAAA

......

So, what is going here!?

 

Grateful for any advice
Peder

PS: The original URL is confidential (not allowed for public yet), but can be sent via direct message etc.

3 Replies
Ed Steeds

Hello,

I can report that Frutigerc LT Lite 45  font is behaving the same way - it is being replaced by another font in Chrome and Edge - not sure which font it is.  I have enabled Modern Fonts and using the modern player - HTML5 only. Strangely when it is published in 360 it is rendering correctly https://360.articulate.com/review/content/4e552540-3f79-4d48-9d0f-eaedc209325a/review 

Lauren Connelly

Hi Ed!

Thank you for sharing these details! 

If a learner sees the wrong fonts in a course, it means the font files in your published output aren’t getting to the learner’s web browser. When this happens, the learner’s computer or mobile device substitutes system fonts in your course. Sometimes, this substitution makes text look different than the way you designed it. For example, character spacing and word wrapping might change. Other times, letters could go missing.

Here's our suggested troubleshooting steps: 

  1. Add a MIME Type to Your Hosting Server
  2. Enable the Font Download Setting in Learners’ Browsers

Please keep me updated Ed! If you're still seeing this issue, it's best to call in our Support Engineers by opening a support case.