Format Painter

Jul 16, 2019

I am having trouble getting Format Painter to work.  I'm just getting started and working through tutorials, but it was working for me the other day.  Now it won't, though it seems like I've clicked off its effectiveness somehow.  For example, I can get Format Painter to work in PowerPoint, but in PowerPoint once I click it, the "painting" tool is the arrow cursor next to the paint brush.  In Storyline, the painting tool is only the paintbrush and it doesn't format the next thing.  The formatting is not complex.  If anyone could help, that would be great.

6 Replies
Chris Brooks

I am having a problem with the format painter.  I am trying to copy a state from one line of text to another the text has a trigger which links it to a slide (I don't want to copy this across).

I have changed the state of the text to "visited" and simply made the text lighter.  Absolutely nothing happens when I use the format painter.  Either in the ribbon or in the text pop up. Any ideas why this may be ?   

Ren Gomez

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing what you're experiencing. I just tried to replicate the issue in Storyline 360 Update 44 and didn't notice any odd issues with both a shape and textbox. Here's what I saw.

Are you comfortable with sharing your .story file for testing? You can share it publicly here, or privately with our support engineers. We'll delete it when we nail down what's going on!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.