Former Articulate 1 project won't publish in Articulate 2

Hello Heroes!

I recently updated a project that was originally authored in Articulate 1 in Articulate 2. I tried to publish it, but it would get about halfway through and then fail. There was no error message just a direction to file a report. A colleague of mine tried to publish as well, but the same thing happened. Here's a download link to the project:

https://cloud.box.com/s/u1h34m569clitztlszbqcjf4g4bbcq5q

 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

M

5 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Maria

are you working from your local drive? 

I would try creating a new story file and import your current one in to see if that works. 

Also I would remove the brackets from the file name that may cause an issue.

does the SL1 file publish ok?

if all that fails I would create a new file and import in scene by scene and publish to see if there is a corrupt slide causing the publish to fail.

Maria  Marquis

Thanks all!

I did some testing and it looks like:

1) Importing the slides into a new project and renaming results in the same error

2) Trying to publish the first version of the deck (authored in SL1) results in the same error but at a different time.

Any other ideas on why Articulate might be stopping mid-publish?

Thanks!

Maria

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Maria,

I see the same behavior when trying to preview or publish your one slide. Since it seems to be this one slide, I'd suspect there is an element of corruption associated with it, which can be notoriously hard to identify or track down. You'll see some common causes of file corruption documented here  and it could be one element on that slide causing the issue such as an image, media element. Now that you've narrowed it down to one slide, I'd suggest going through the rebuilding of that slide in a brand new Storyline file that you've saved locally. Once you've confirmed that works, then I'd import back into your existing project. 

If there was a point at which you remember being able to publish it before the errors, you may want to look to see if that non corrupt version is accessible in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer:
 
%appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
 
2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
 
3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
 
4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.