Fortune 100 client Need - Adding Human Video Avatars in Storyline

Oct 13, 2014

Hello everyone.

I currently won a proposal after adding a demo worth 5k worth of time and cost, for a Fortune 100 company, one of the largest companies on the internet today!

My client loved the demo so much that they decided to make it 5 times longer, and want to explore additional features.

I told them we could use an avatar for eLearning courses, but they had a lot of private companies invited to give an RFP and saw a course demo with the use of Human Video Avatars (I imagine Shot on Green Screen) but I wondered if anyone here could help with ideas to still use Storyline 2 and also use Video Avatars (Human) - I just don't want the main part of the project to need to move away from Storyline, They loved the 100% Storyline demo.

I'm considering the thought of only having the Human avatar appear on the stage, and cut off near the waste if needed, or shrink and have full body at times, But, After I have created projects for Fortune 500 companies and Fortune 1000 companies over the last 15 years, I'm imagining the Human Video Avatar walking around on a z layer above the content from Storyline.  So if the Shell was viewed as a back wall, then imagine it like Wheel Of Fortune with Vana!  What if I want her to walk in front of the interface and point to the menu for example while even standing to the left of the interface, or walking to the right and pointing around the stage area.

This is thinking outside of the box (or outside of the stage) but I can only imagine putting this effect in a zlayer with HTML above the interface, but even after doing this, could an experience programmer know how to dynamically link anything with HTML5 to trigger the exported code of Storyline?

I used to work only in Flash for high-end eLearning, until mobile needs have come out, and this project is for the public, so mobile is needed.  In Flash, this project would be very easy, and I experimented with this idea over a decade ago, when working on a project for Wellpoint/Anthem, and Dow AgroSciences and Lilly Inc.  Our experiments worked perfect, and compared to my own ideas of how to accomplish this current task, would have been easy easy easy.

I'm not a high experienced HTML5 coder, or programmer, except when programming in Flash with ActionScript 1,2,and 3 - I know actionscript is like Javascript, but does anyone have better ideas, or have an idea that would result in your helping to make this happen, to work on a Fortune 100 project?

Thanks everyone for spinning your wheels on this.  I was a beta tester for the newest Lectora 12, not sure if it's out, but I really just want to stick with Storyline, I love it, and love it more as the developers truly listen to users feedback. 

There are some confusing things still and bugs, like why do some SL1 files open in SL2, but some don't ?  My co-partner in my company has asked and has not heard back how to resolve the issues.  I understand SL2 files not opening in SL1, but does anyone know if SL2 just needs an update, is this a bug, or just random hit or miss, to why some files open and some don't,  Even earlier versions of the same file won't open, but new ones will and vise versus.

Thanks, Think Video Avatar shot on a Green Screen, and please help me think of creative ways to keep this project using Storyline, This client would even be the biggest client to use this software for training out of all of Articulate's current clients in the list of companies that use these products.

Making a unique work around, special custom solution is on the table as anything that works is an acceptable idea.

Thanks,

Kyle G. Main

Main Interactive LLC

kyle@MainInteractiveLLC.com

website is under full rebuild, and re-branding construction.

2 Replies
Jacinta Penn

There is a great cloud based software for this. www.livingactor.com  That should be perfect. You end up with a video and then you can just work that around or over your other content. They design it for websites, so I believe you can just have the person but you may have to put the background in. You will have to have a play around. Good luck and let me know if you need any Storyline work done! jacinta@workbright.co.nz 

Alexander Salas

If you are looking for human video avatars you could try www.sitepal.com which I used in the past for animated ones.  However, they have improved their technology and now you can mock up a human experience.  You could do green screen just like I did on this sample for an ELH Challenge http://stylelearn.net/elhchallenges/robosapien/story.html .  Please remember this is a sample just for fun and it needs a TON of clean up. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.