Freeform question

Oct 22, 2020

Hi all, for the course I am creating the user needs to answer any 3 of 7 free text questions.

Ive set the initial slide up with text boxes for question 1-7 and added states so that the hover state shows the full question for the user to decide which they want to answer.

When I hover though I can still see the other question text boxes in front of the hover question. Ive tried setting the hover box to bring forward but its made no difference.

Is this the best way to do this and if so, any tips so that the hover text shows in front of everything else? 

Im open to suggestions if you think there is a better way to do this.  The questions are quite long and so are difficult to show all on screen.

Many thanks for your help

2 Replies
Walt Hamilton

All the states of an object will show at the same z-level (front-to-back, top-to-bottom) as the original object, so only one can be on the top of everything. The best solution may be to set aside a sidebar-like area at the side or bottom of the screen that is blank. Then move every hover state to show in that spot. Another, more difficult option is to have the hover trigger show a layer. To make that successful, there cannot be anything on the layer that interrupts the hover connection with the original object.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.