Full screen button

Jul 19, 2017

For inserted mp4s, there is a full screen button in Edge but not in Internet Explorer.

I am using Storyline 3

5 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hey Dragos!

Hmm, that does seem strange. Full screen for videos isn't a built-in video control option for Storyline 3 so I have a couple questions to figure out what's happening here:

1. Are you adding the video as a Web Object (for example from YouTube or Vimeo)? That would allow you to us the normal video controls, which often include full screen viewing. If you insert the video as a Web Object and you don't see the full screen button, it could be because the web browser is restricting fullscreen mode for embedded iframe content.
  2. If you're adding a video from a file and not as a web object and seeing this happen, can you share your .story project file here with me so I can take a look?

Thanks for reaching out here about this! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Dragos,

Are these the video controls you've enabled in Storyline or ones that are showing based on where you're viewing the video? I know that there has been some inconsistencies across browsers with how HTML5 video controls are displaying - but that's not a setting within Storyline. 

If you can share a link to the course i'm happy to take a look and see what the set up is. 

Dragos P.

Hi Ashley,

They are video controls that I have enabled in Storyline. In IE they look
like in the Storyline preview (ugly grey thing with no fullscreen button),
while in Edge they look different. I am asking internally if it's not
something added by the LMS and if so, if we can get it for IE too.

PS: Any plans to include fullscreen button anytime soon? At least for
videos if not for other media.

Thank you.
Dragos

Ali Goulet

Hey Dragos!

Thanks for those details. Screenshots of what you're seeing would be helpful, as Brian suggested, and if you can share your .story project file here I'd be happy to do a little digging too!

I can definitely see that being a useful feature to have. If you wanted to share this as a Feature request here, that'll get it into the hands of our Product team!  

If you’re wondering what happens when you submit a feature request, here’s our process.

Thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.