Full screen mode

Apr 11, 2017

Hi

I have read that there is no full screen mode for storyline 360 productions shown on a mobile device. I however have a few questions on the topic:

For some courses I have uploaded I see a finger saying "drag to enter full screen mode". Under which circumstances will this be seen?

On an iPhone, all browser elements will disappear in landscape mode. This looks pretty much as full screen mode to me. In portrait mode though, there is no way to get rid of the browser, is there?

I have tried several settings like, maximize to fill user's browser and other settings. No difference as far as I can see.

br

Gustaf

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Gustaf!  Thanks for your question.  Mobile Safari will not show the browser chrome in landscape mode, making the course appear "full screen."

Mobile Safari will have browser chrome in portrait mode, and Mobile Google Chrome will have browser chrome in both portrait and landscape modes.  For Android Devices, Mobile Google Chrome does not show browser chrome.

That said, we're talking to our team about what additional work we can do to eliminate browser chrome from both Safari and mobile Google Chrome to free up even more space for your content!  I'll be sure to add this discussion to that report so that we can update you right here with any developments.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Gustaf, 

We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how we fixed an issue for when browser chrome wouldn't disappear as expected when viewing courses on an iPhone.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Daniel Mensch

Hello (och hej Gustaf om du läser detta inlägg!)

On a question related to the function "drag to enter full screen mode", we are experiencing that our client's Cornerstone (CSOD) LMS is hindering this function when the course is accessed via Safari on an iPhone 5 or SE, which as luck would have it, is currently a prevailing device for the target learners. 

We have tested the course via Scorm cloud and the function works as it should. 

So it would seem that CSOD is the culprit, which is being investigated with Cornerstone, although we're not holding our breath.

Thus, if anyone should have some thoughts, suggestions for other potential actions or fixes, we would love to hear them.

Cheers!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.