Gathering Quiz Results outside of a LMS - Solution Request
Normal 0 false false false oNotPromoteQF /> EN-US X-NONE X-NONE ontGrowAutofit />
I really enjoy working in Articulate Storyline – the functionality is great. However, one aspect that has been haunting me for the last 1-2 years is the inability to gather assessment data outside of our LMS. I’ve been playing around with this issue off and on for while now, but I’ve reached a roadblock and I HAVE to figure this out.
Here’s some background –
I currently work on a project called Sci-Mind, which in a nutshell, is an online
learning community that targets practicing scientists in the arena of –
Separation Science, Toxicology, and Polymer chemistry.
Currently, after a user signs up for the community, we send them a link to a pre-test, which we call “The Analyst” which basically gauges their skill level and interests. Currently the Analyst is created in Google Documents and I’m tasked to make improvements to the overall look and feel.
This will very easy for me to do using Storyline, however there is one roadblock that I have to get around in order for this to work. How can I gather the results of the quiz without using a LMS, Articulate Online, a custom built database, or HTML 5?
Here’s why I can’t go with the items listed above…
· LMS – The Analyst needs to be accessed without my team having to create a username/login in the LMS because of the large amount of individuals that will be taking the quiz.
· Articulate Online – I don’t have the budget for Articulate online, nor do I want to use the 30 day trial.
· Custom Built Database – Timeline. I don’t have the time or resources to build a custom database for this. I need to figure this one out in less than 1 week. However, if anyone has any code out there - it will be much appreciated.
This has been quite the challenge for me and I’m determined to figure this one out by 2013.
Here is my list of potential solutions…
1. Embed Google Docs using the embedded web object feature.
This would work out ok – but it would limit what I can do in terms of Storyline functionality. Additionally, the overall look and feel would suffer.
2. Prompt students to email results using their own email.
I could have the results output to a .pdf file (so I can
make the report look excellent) and then prompt the user to email the results
to our Sci-Mind email address. However, I would rather this be automated.
Ideally, I would like the results to be emailed to us automatically when the user selects a “Send Results” button. However, this road is problematic in the Storyline flash output and become of security contents on the browser side (correct me if I’m wrong).
Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?