Graded Question Template (Storyline 360)

Jan 15, 2018

Hello! 

I've recently discovered the Import Question button, and it's a huge time-saver. However, my company uses a custom template for quizzes, and the importing doesn't work.

Currently, importing questions with an Excel file only brings in the question properly; the answers are given in a list behind our preferred look. Attached is a visual of how the importing currently functions.

Is there a way to edit the template for the Built in Graded Questions in Articulate Storyline 360?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Aly

4 Replies
Aly Gillen

Ankit,

Thank you for your reply!

This looks to be the same template we use to import that does not comply with our corporate Storyline template. 

We are looking to replace the Built In Graded Questions template, the actual Storyline file, not the questions and answers. Currently, this excel sheet places the answers behind our answer slots, as shown in my PNG visualization attached to the original post. 

Is there a way to replace the standard Built In Graded Questions template? 

Aly Gillen

Hi Ashley; thank you for your reply.

Yes, we are currently using slide masters for our quizzes. I attached a picture so it's easier to...well, picture. 

It seems like the only problem we have is when we try to mass-import using Excel, the questions automatically come in as radial buttons. If there was a way to just have it fill out text boxes instead of putting in radial buttons, that would solve it. We use text boxes four our questions and answers.

The excel file imports the question flawlessly, just not the answers.

I really appreciate your assistance on this!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Aly,

Importing questions from an Excel spreadsheet will create multiple choice quiz slides with radio buttons in Storyline by default. However, it sounds like you'd prefer to customize the question template before importing the questions. 

That's a neat idea, and it makes a lot of sense! I can pass along your idea to my team on your behalf. We always love hearing how we can make things better, so keep the ideas coming!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.