Graded Questions - Correct/Incorrect layers displaying during review - Storyline 360

Sep 30, 2019

Some of my questions slides display the correct/incorrect layers during the review of the quiz.  Some of them do not. 

I would be fine if they all displayed, or if none of them did, but I can't figure out what is causing some to display and some not.  

7 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Tony

check the options selected in the Form View > Question Tab > Feedback. Sounds like some have None selected. You'll notice if you change from None to one of the others the feedback layers should appear.  Also if you change the number of attempts to be > 1 then a Try Again Layer will appear.

Hope that helps

Tony Konig

Thanks Wendy, your idea got me one step closer.  The feedback is all "By Question", so that was not the problem, but I noticed that some of the slides had "Custom Slide Layer" listed for the correct answer.  That led me through some research and experiments to find at least a workable solution.

I had to go through and delete each Correct and Incorrect slide layer, then create a new one and select the proper Feedback Master for each.  Now when I go through the review, it always displays my Correct or Incorrect slide layer again.  Wish it didn't do this, but I am glad it is behaving consistently now at least. It's a bug. 

Wendy Farmer

Sorry Tony

I should have added that if that wasn't the issue go here. Highlight the slide layer in Slide  view and the Feedback master currently in use will be highlighted - then use the down arrow to select the one you want...you may have done this way but if not its a quick way to check they are using the correct one.

Rick Nielsen

Hi Wendy

I know that his thread is a year old but it's been helpful for me. 

I have two graded quiz questions in SL 360 and the only problem is that when any answer is selected and I click submit, my correct and incorrect feedback pop ups are not showing - , the player advances to the next slide.

I did not think that I would need a trigger for this and I could swear that at one point, the feedback was showing and then you'd click continue to the next slide. 

Appreciate any feedback :)

Lauren Connelly

Hi Rick!

I'm happy to help! It sounds like you might need to change the Feedback setting for the quiz questions! Can you make sure the Feedback is set to by question?

Here's what the setting looks like:

If that doesn't do the trick, do you mind sharing your file? You can either attach the .story file to your reply by using the Add Attachment button, or you can upload it to me privately using this link.

Linda Nelson

Hi,
I created a graded quiz in Storyline last year that I'll be repurposing this year. All questions are part of a question bank. It's a testout course quiz. Learners acheiving a score of 80% or above do not have to take the course. 

Last year, per team consensus, all feedback layers were removed. I've tried to replace them using all of the suggestions mentioned in the above posts, yet the feedback layers still do not display. Any ideas?

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Linda.

Thank you for reaching out!

Sometimes, the feedback is removed because the designer wants the questions to be submitted all at once. In that case, a submit button might not be available for each question, and the feedback layer won't show up. 

I created a short (1m30sec) Peek 360 video with a couple of different options to help you troubleshoot the Feedback layers. 

If those options don't apply to your scenario, I recommend opening a support case with our team.