great laptop for Storyline 360 performance?

Jul 25, 2018

How about this setup? (my primary worry is "if the graphics card is above and beyond?" or just, meh, for the storyline 360 apps. For spending this type of cash on a laptop I want it to perform flawlessly if possible.) Thanks for "yay" or "nay"

Processor : Intel Xeon E3-1505M v6 Processor (4 Cores, 8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz)
Operating System : Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64
Operating System Language : Windows 10 Pro 64 for Workstations English
Display : 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, IPS
Memory : 32GB(16+16) DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM
Graphic Card : NVIDIA Quadro M2200 4GB GDDR5
Base : NVIDIA Quadro M2200 4GB
Camera : 720p HD Camera with Microphone
Keyboard : Keyboard with Number Pad - English
Pointing Device : 3-button TrackPoint pointing device and 3-button multi-touch touchpad, No Color Sensor
Security Features : Integrated Fingerprint Reader
Security Chip : Hardware dTPM2.0 Enabled
First Solid State Drive / Second Hard Disk Drive : 1TB SSD PCIe TLC OPAL2
Total Hard Drive Capacity : 1TB

4 Replies
Joseph Jani

Hi Billy,

This looks stunning! so this is definitely a "yay" from the looks of it. Based on the system requirements this is way above and will surely work flawlessly with Articulate 360 applications and even work on other things on top of that. 

Check out the link below for more system requirement information:
https://articulate.com/support/article/Combined-Tech-Specs-for-All-Articulate-360-Apps

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Joseph

Eli Coyle

Billy, 

I just got a brand new laptop with very similar specs. Dell 5730 with 6core Xeon 4.8GHZ, Nvidia Quadro P1000, 32GB DDR4, 512GB M.2 SSD... BUT...  when compile a 650MB story it still takes forever as the software seems to be single core optimized. If anyone has a solution for improving the performance please let me know.

(Already threw money at it and that didn’t work.)

Content Developer

All these specs are with no doubt overshooting for all Articulate products, I think that you will hardly experience a difference between a 6 core Xeon processor and an i5 or even an i3 (tried personally with an older pc that I use as a backup and a brand new one with poweful CPU)... the fact is that Storyline is a 32 bit program, and I think it has (kind of) reached its "peak" in terms of performance optimization, buying an expensive workstation for using only SL is not worth it in my opinion...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.