Has anyone encountered this happening with videos on SL360 on AWS?

Jun 08, 2020

I've uploaded a SL project to AWS, made all files public, and the very first video embedded in a slide plays perfectly. But then the rest of the videos look like this and don't play. 

All the mp4 files are pretty much the same. 

I'm using the modern player, so the presentation is all HTML5. 

Don't understand why the first one plays, but not the rest. Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated. 

I should also add that when I view them directly from AWS and the path listed, they play fine. So nothing is wrong with the videos per se, just once they are called up from SL in the player.

1 Reply
Vincent Scoma

Hi Cheryl, 

Thank you for reaching out! 

While I haven't seen recent reports of this issue you are experiencing, I am happy to help dive in! A couple of questions for you on this: 

• Have you uploaded other courses to AWS to see if the same behavior happens? 
  • When previewing the course in Storyline, how does the course/videos appear? 

If you can share your course with us, we are more than happy to help troubleshoot! You can share files in this thread, or you're always welcome to share them privately here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.