Has anyone figured out the "get Storyline to work on Sharepoint or Teams 365 thing" yet?

Jun 07, 2020

Combed several in these discussions- done the rename .aspx, uploaded to SP, downloaded whole zipped folder when the initial launch noted to download the launch file, created new folder and reuploaded the zip, sacrificed a goat (not really)...

Seems there are about 40 ideas on what might work, but trying to follow all these threads faithfully, no dice.

Anyone cracked this code yet?

And yes, I know the best answer is "run from Sharepoint" (wish I could, but the company has strong opinions on that matter).

Thanks everyone!

5 Replies
Dave Cox

Hi David,

You can run Storyline projects on SharePoint, assuming you have sufficient permissions to upload all the required files. But you cannot run it from the zipped file. To get it to work you need to upload the entire file structure to SharePoint, and then start the project from the correct index.html file. I've done this successfully many times. 

I have not had an occasion to attempt it in Teams yet, but I believe that it should work the same.

David Glow

Thank you for this- I did just try it renaming story.html to INDEX (html and aspx) and attempting the test again, but unfortunately, it is the same result.

Sigh...  I wish SP would have the simple intelligence to default to a launch (as it does with Word, PPT, Excel...) and leave "download" as a menu or right click option. Why it treats HTML differently is frankly baffling and a UX fail.

Dave Cox

Hi David,

Another thing that you need to be careful of is the beginning of the URL name. Be sure that your URL name starts with HTTP:// or HTTPS://. If is begins with File://, then you are makeing a local file call, and it won't run. 

You shouldn't need to change the name, just call the starting storyline.html file. I don't remember the name, but I can check tomorrow.

I also know that there have been recent changes to SharePoint, so you may need to check with your administrator to be sure that you have permission to access the file using a direct URL link. But if you are getting the download prompt, then it sounds like you do have permission, and just need to call the HTTP in the URL. 

I hope that this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.