Has Storyline 360 fixed HTML5 font scaling?

Nov 10, 2016

Font scaling has never worked in HTML5 output from Storyline 2, but works fine when using Flash. Has this been addressed in 360? 

For example, if I set a module to scale to the users browser, the fonts will look pixilated, I'm guessing because the HTML5 version bakes in a bitmap as opposed to a vector.

If fixed, will this be updated in Storyline 2/3? 

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sam,

It seems like you're referring to the issue here with not vectoring of items within Storyline 2's HTML5 output. I was able to confirm with our team that fonts in HTML5 output are .woff files, which means they are actual fonts and therefore they are not images of fonts. So bottom line, fixed in Articulate 360. :)

Let us know if you see any issues or run into any discrepancies. 

Sam Czerwonka

Thanks for the response! It's good to know that the issue has been resolved for 360 customers. Our company won't be purchasing 360 in the near future though, as I just managed to convince them to get SL2, and the extra money can't be justified right now. Will this improvement come to SL2? Or even SL3? 

Hi Matthew,

I'd have to confirm that with our team, as I'm not sure if the variable references and the text entry would be relying on the same elements. I'll keep you posted. 

Sam,

We don't have information to share in regards to upcoming updates for Storyline 2. We will release the next perpetual versions of Storyline and Studio next year, and we'll have more information to share about all their new features as we get closer. Since it'll be based off of a number of things that have occurred as a part of Articulate 360, I'd expect the font element to carry over as well. Just a note that these products will NOT include integration with the web apps in Articulate 360 such as Content Library and Articulate Review.

Hey Matthew,

Just to follow up on this, I talked with a few of our Desktop engineers this AM, and they confirmed that variable references and text entry will still rely on system fonts and browser defaults. The one element that would display normally would be numeric characters since those are limited to a set grouping vs text characters where they could run the gamut from letters, symbols, accented characters, their sizing in general, etc. 

I know it's a hot topic here in the forums and within our user base, so I did make sure that they're aware of this specific thread and your concerns. We'll keep you posted on any changes to that set up as well! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.