Help!

Jan 19, 2018

Hello.

I inherited a course from someone else and for the life of me I can't figure out why it's behaving the way it is. I've uploaded the file. When you look at the slide, everything is fine. But when you Preview it, much of it is missing. Any suggestions?

19 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Eric,

I don't see a support case for you yet, but I'd love to know a bit more about this! 

Are you seeing the odd display when previewing/publishing, or both? If it's only when viewing the published output, where have you hosted it and what browser(s) are you viewing it in?

Storyline 2 does offer limited HTML5 browser support, and that may explain some of what you're seeing if you viewed the HTML5 version of the course in a non supported browser.  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Uh oh, Eric!  Not a fun message to come across - and it can happen under a few conditions such as working from a network/shared drive, or having a file name/path with special characters. This is detailed a bit more here.

If a file becomes corrupt there isn't a way to revert it, but there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check: 

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline 

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop. 

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story. 

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

Let me know if you find it there! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.