HELP!

Mar 20, 2013

wanted to save my project but got this:

closed all programs, tried "save as" as well. but nothing.

what should I do to save my project?

Michelle

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Michelle,

Is the file still open? You mentioned you've already tried using "Save As", have you tried a different directory? 

Also, try to make sure you're saving the file locally. 

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

Phil Mayor

Do a control alt delete, open task manager, go to processes and start to shut down processes you don't need like itunes helper, adobe pdf etc, this may give you the additional resources you need.  Even antivirus just to get this file saved and ensure you dont lose work.

You shouldnt have to do this, but may get the file saved. I would check you have the latest version of storyline installed I have not had this happen using that version.

Geert De Rycke

Hi Michelle,

If not to late, you might want to delete the temporary files (yes even when your file is still open)

Files are stored here :\AppData\Local\Temp\Articulate\Storyline

A side question, are you sure you are running the latest version of SL (december 2012 ?), a lot of memory issues were solved during this update

Cheers

Geert

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.