Help!!!

Oct 23, 2014

I have upgrades to Storyline 2 and would like to republish a project made in Storyline 1.  My problem is that there are some complex triggers going on in my story and although they appear to be there in the upgraded version they no longer work.  Is there anything I can do. 

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with your triggers and upgraded files. Can you tell us more about what's not working - or just everything isn't working? If it's everything not working, can you confirm that you're working with local project files and if setting up similar triggers in a new .story file produces the same results, or is it only the upgraded files? 

If it's only on particular triggers, we'll want to take a look at what you've set up. I know that there is a least one "trick" that users used to be able to implement in SL1 to skip content slides on a review for example, that isn't working in SL2...likely cause it tricked the system, and SL2 got smarter? :-) You can attach the file here for us to take a look, and even just a few sample slides. 

Chris Brooks

Hi

Many thanks for your reply

Yes I learned that lesson some time ago! So I always work from a local copy
now.

the story can be found here .
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdzbltkzc25rhut/AAC5dJIUyHy-o-BmadU8DjJga?dl=0

Would much appreciate any help. It took us ages to sort the triggers out
and it so disappointing that the upgrade seems to have caused this

To see how it should work please follow this link
www.whitehart.co.uk/samples/Elearningexample

Best regards

Chris Brooks

Hi Chris,

First, best course idea I've ever seen in awhile. :-)

The file you shared, said it was the SL1Back up file, but it opened directly within SL2, and didn't ask me if I wanted to upgrade it as expected. Do you have the SL1 back up file style? I'd like to take a look at them side by side - as there are a lot of triggers on this! I'm guessing it's the drag and drop tutorial that is causing issues? 

Chris Brooks

Hi Ashley

Glad you like it. If we can get it fixed I will share it with the
community (It will be good to give something back).

The idea came about because a chain of bars wanted to train their bar staff
and asked us to tender to produce a video for them. I suggested e-learning
and they were very dismissive, said it wasn't suitable to train people how
to make cocktails - So I set about proving them wrong.!!!

Personally I think it has the whole package - Demonstration, Guided
learning and practice under pressure! What was your tip?

I have put another story in the dropbox link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1jome6g8thr7pt/Cocktail%20-%20SL1%20Backup%28serv
er%29.story?dl=0 which was on the server and I hope is the original backup
file.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry I missed you yesterday - I was out of the office. I wasn't able to access anything at that dropbox link? Could you try to load it up again? If not, could you narrow down a slide or a set of triggers that aren't working the way you'd expect in the SL2 version? 

My tip...was not good...I'll steer clear of bartending as a future career. :-) 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.