Help needed! Building a counter that adds and substracts "automatically". Storyline 2
May 20, 2015
I hope, somebody out there has got some advice for me. Here is what I've done so far:
1. I created an interactive slider that has a range from 0 - 100.
The user can drag the slider in "1" steps.
2. Created a number variable (Start value: 0).
3. Created a Trigger that Adds "Value 1" to the number variable each time the variable of the slider changes.
4. Inserted a Text Box with a Reference to my number variable --> In this way, I have a "counter" from 0 - 100.
Please see Screenshot 1.
5. Created a second number variable.
6. Created a Trigger that Subtracts "Value 1 " to the second number variable each time the variable of the slider changes.
7. When the slider value is equal to 100, number variable 1 changes its state to Hidden; the same applies to number variable 2 when the slider values is equal to 0.
Please see Screenshot 2.
This way works pretty well if the user does not changes the direction of the slider. What does that mean? For example: The user has dragged the slider to Step 50 --> Number variable 1 shows "50". When the user now moves the slider to the opposite direction, e.g. to Step 30, number variable 1 shows "70".
Please screenshot 3
This is the point, where I don't knwo how to solve the whole thing. I hope anyone can help out presuming that you understood what I wrote here:)
Many thanks in advance