HELP - Storyline 360 - Displaying Resource Items in a frame within a scene

Nov 14, 2018

Hello,

I would like to make use of the Resources feature of the Modern Player, without having to display the Resources Tab during my story.

One way I know to do this is to turn on Resources in the Player options and then turn it off on a per-Slide basis, using the Slide Properties - Player Features option. This allows me to add Resources to my story and link to them using a trigger, while keeping my story full-screen (my usage scenario is such that adding bars outside of the story is a no go).

What I would really like however, instead of having to make buttons for each individual Resource Item, is to display all Resource Items as a self-populating list that can be displayed when triggered - much like if I displayed the Resource Tab.

Is this possible?

Thank you for any insight.

3 Replies
Tyler Sabourin

Resources that I would like to attach are PDFs, Work Documents and Websites.

So far, I have set up a Lightbox to display a "Resources" slide, but in that I then need to write out everything by hand and then hyperlink them to the resrouces (story_content/external_files/"my_file.ext").

That works, but it would be a lot easier if I had a frame that would auto-populate with anything I've added to my Resources.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tyler, 

Thanks for sharing that idea, and I can see how that would be easier and a lot less work to build! 

If the ability to do this would make authoring in Storyline easier for you log a feature request if you need to tell us more.

Please reach out if you have any other questions and I would be happy to help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.