HELP - Storyline 360 - Using Custom Template Slides in a Question Bank Draw

Jan 07, 2019

Hello, 

I haven't been able to figure out how to select Graded Question slides, that I've created as part of a custom template, within a Question Bank Draw slide.

It does allow me to select from pre-built ones and from some Content Library templates.

I have verified that my template is in the "%userprofile%\Documents\My Articulate Projects\Storyline Templates" folder, that I've created a new project with the template and can add those slides in normally... I just can't access it in a Question Bank Draw slide.

Is it not possible to do that?

As a workaround, I can simply copy/paste one of my Graded Question slides into the Question Bank Draw, but it sure would be nice for custom templates to be supported in all areas of Storyline 360.

Thank you for any help :)

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tyler! That's a great question.

When adding a graded question to a Question Bank, you can select from the built-in types (with a white background) or from the Content Library templates.

If you want to apply your own template layout, you can do that after inserting the slide into the question bank. Simply right-click on the slide, then select Apply Layout. From there, you can choose from the layouts in your template. 

Tyler Sabourin

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for your response, though that's not quite the solution. Applying a master slide layout would be OK, but I was looking for a way to pull in a pre-made slide in a custom template (which, in my case, has pre-built quiz buttons and triggers).

Luckily, a co-worker knew of an easier way than my previously described workaround - just right-click the scene sidebar and add a New Slide with My Templates.

New Slide - My Templates...

Though having a section for custom templates in the main add slide window would be pretty neato.

Thanks again :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.