Help with branching

Jan 22, 2016

Hi very basic question - I'm trying to set up a scenario with branches to different layers - similar to the kayak shop exercise on the course.

When I click on the More tab in the question editor it displays the other slides in the scene, but not the layers I have set up, and I don't get the little branching logo.

If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong I would be very grateful . . .

10 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Mark -- Many thanks for your question! Have you had an opportunity to review this information on Choosing Feedback and Branching Options in SL2? You may also find this article, 6 Sweet Branching Scenario Examples, to be a great resource for inspiration. 

And if you could share your file, it might be easier for others in the community to take a closer look at your set up and make some suggestions to help you achieve what you have in mind. :)

Mark Robertson

Hi there, this is an example of what I am trying to do.  I am trying to branch to other layers.  I think I have solved the problem - can I only branch to another slide?

I've been able to do this now, but am a bit confused as I thought you could branch to other scenes.

(the Kayak shop was an exercise I did on the recent Omniplex Training Course).

Mark

Mark Robertson

Thanks Leslie that's helpful and I see how to set up the feedback layers.  (I had added the other layers myself)

However that in itself hasn't solved my problem.  I want to give quite extensive feedback in respect of each choice and although I gather I can edit the automatic feedback response (ideally I'd get rid of it altogether on this slide).   I can't seem to do this on the slide - Do I have to do this through the feedback master, and if so does it disable the automatic function for all the slides in my project?

I've come across a similar issue here https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/storyline-2-editing-feedback-layers

I have found a way round my problem which is just to set up additional slides to give the feedback, but it seems neater to work with layers where possible.

Apologies if I'm being dim, but I am new to this and my brain is addled after a day on Storyline!

Any help gratefully received.

Mark

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.