Help with Text entry interaction
Jul 01, 2015
I'm having a bit of trouble trying to create the following text entry interaction as part of an interactive simulation. Maybe I'm trying to overcomplicate things, but what I'm trying to do is:
1. Get the learner to type something into a text entry field then hit the 'ENTER' key to evaluate their answer and get feedback
2. Move the simulation to the next screen in the case of a correct response
3. Display a 'Try again' layer in the case of an incorrect response
4. Create a variable that increases by 1 each time the learner enters the incorrect information into the text field and hits 'ENTER'
5. Once the above variable is greater than 2 (i.e. the learner has had three tries at trying to enter the information), display a 'Move on' layer (which replaces the 'Try again' layer on the 3rd incorrect response) which tells the learner what they needed to enter, and features a 'Continue' button. Clicking this 'Continue' button shows the information entered into the text field, and automatically moves the simulation to the next screen
In particular, I'm having problems with steps 4 and 5. I can create the variable and get it to work with hotspot questions, I just can't work out how to apply it to text entry questions.
I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance :)