Help with video

Dec 21, 2015

Can anyone give me the exact code to embed a video (any video) from you tube?  I've just done the course and it was easy but I keep getting a message saying 'an error has occurred' when I publish the slide with the video. 

I suspect I am not putting the code in exactly, but despite studying the video help still can't get it right.

Thanks in anticipation

2 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Mark -- Thanks for reaching out with your question! Are you getting the following message, by chance?

Error: A Video Cannot Be Inserted from This Embed Code

If you attempt to add a YouTube video using the Video from Website feature, you'll see this error:

"A video cannot be inserted from this embed code. Verify that the embed code is correct and then try again."

As of May 2015, Google no longer allows YouTube videos to be embedded in this manner. However, YouTube videos in existing courses will continue to work.

You can still add YouTube videos to new projects using web objects as described here, and they'll work in Flash, HTML5, and Articulate Mobile Player output.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.