Hidden Objects on Base Layer - iPad and PC viewing differently

I created a demo for the Customer Service Training challenge. In doing so, I came across an odd result when viewing the demo from my iPad.

For the "How should you respond" interactive slides I created, I setup a Right and Wrong feedback layer that appears when the user selects from the choices. Note: You can view the demo at:

http://tinyurl.com/n97mpos

For the Right and Wrong layers, I have configured the properties as follows:

checked - Hide other slide layers

checked - Hide objects on base layer.

When viewed on a PC from the browser, everything appears fine (image on left)

When viewed on the iPad (using the Articulate Mobile Player), the base layer is not hidden (image on right)

Any insights as to what might be happening here? The Articulate Mobile Player was updated March 27, 2014.

Thanks!

18 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Richard,

Thanks for sharing the images here and a link to the course. I saw the same behavior that you mentioned while testing the course on my iPad mini in the mobile player version 2.23 (the march update). Can you tell us what update of Storyline you were using to create this course? We're currently on update 6.

Are you able to share the .story file with us here in the forums? You can attach it by using the paperclip icon.

rosy colelli

Good Morning.
Also I have the same problem as Richard. On the ipad layer is not hidden and the customer is stressing me a lot for this problem.
Is there any news? :(


When viewed on the iPad (using the Articulate Mobile Player), the base layer is not hidden.

I'm running Update 6: 1407.2208.

The Articulate Mobile Player was updated March 27, 2014.


Thank you very much,


Rosy

Alessandro Cecconi

Hi Ashley,

Right after the last Storyline update, I am having a very similar issue regarding both layers and objects status.

To be more specific, I have simply re-published a project which was working perfectly before update 6.

Within this project, all triggers and interactions related to the "status" are not working anymore in Html5, while keep displaying in Flash.

Now I have to publish and deliver the course, and I am not able to provide the management with a justification for something not working anymore...

I really hope you will fix this, because the project behaviour is totally out of control.

A single trigger, for instance, could affect the status of the wrong object, or simply produce an outcome which is opposite to the one I set.

Example:

- I set the button A to trigger a "visible" status for the object B

- When published, the button A, instead of triggering the right object, doesn't produce the desired outcome, but rather makes other objects' status turning into "visible", so that I got unwanted visible elements in my slide, while object remains "hidden"

Before the update, this never happened.

I look forward to receiving an explanation.

Thank you,

Alessandro

Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Alessandro,

This sounds a bit different than the main issue in this thread - so I'm curious if you would let us take a look at your .story file? You can share it here in the thread by uploading with the paper clip icon - and if you have a link to the same course previously published in Update 5 that would be great too. If you'd prefer to share privately, please let me know or send it directly to our Support engineers.

Alessandro Cecconi

Hi Ashley,

I think these different issues really share some similarities, because it's all about states displaying.

Of course I can share not the whole project but a very basic and rough demonstration I prepared ad hoc using Storyline 6 1407.2208.

As you will see, there is only a button triggering a layer, and I marked the button's "visited" status with a green icon, to better recognize it.

After publishing it for LMS (including Html5 output), this status does not work when using an iPad (Safari).

Unfortunately, I cannot share the working project published with Storyline 5, as it is hosted on the corporate platform.

Thank you for keeping me posted on this as soon as possibile.

Alessandro

Jan Johnson

I have also had issues with the layers not hiding on the iPad. This all started after the last update to the Storyline software.  I have removed the new update and have gone back to the old one version of Storyline and the layers are once again hiding like they should.  Something needs to be adjusted in the new update.