Hide Next Button

Mar 25, 2020

I'm trying to hide the Next Button until the user interacts with two objects on the slide. I've attached a screenshot of my triggers. Both objects have visited states. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong because I can't get the Next Button to appear after the user interacts with both objects.

6 Replies
Johnrey Landoay

Hi Damaris,

I have this little work around to trigger the next button to re-appear. Instead of working on the player trigger to make the next button re-appear, try adding a slide trigger to change the state of the next button back to normal when timeline ends on the slide if the state of objects 1 and 2 are visited.

Something like this.

Make the Next button reappear

I hope this works for you but if not, I'm sure our community heroes have a lot more brilliant idea on how to make this happen.

Cheers!

Johnrey

Tyler Braddick

Damaris,

Another potential solution for this that uses object triggers. I've Made a test file that has a 4 objects that need to be interacted with before the next button will show up. By making the next button layer respond to other objects being interacted with it will appear once the user has interacted with each of the required objects in the slide. 

Please view this quick video as a visual aid: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/5fbd05e9-071b-4dfb-b59b-8b43b6b9d07f/review

Please get back to me if you have any other questions. 

Thank You,

Tyler

Lejan Ocampo

Hi Damaris,

Like what Tyler mentioned, this can be achieved by using an object trigger so I created this simple story file that I attached here to replicate what you're trying to do. Please take a look and see how it works.

Here is a summary:

• Object 1 and 2 have a visited state
  • Next button's initial state is set to hidden
  • Clicking on Object1 will open Layer1 and change the state of Object1 to visited
  • Clicking on Object2 will open Layer2 and change the state of Object2 to visited
  • Add a trigger to change the state of the Next button to normal if the state of Object 1 and 2 is Visited.

Let me know if this helped. :)

Damaris Perez

I have all the steps added, but I’ve set up the last step a little differently based on the previous rep’s recommendation. I was advised to set up the trigger as follows:

* Change State of Next Button to Normal on This Slide if the State of Application-Based = Visited and the State of Premium SMS Card = Visited.
However, it’s inconsistent. Sometimes, the next button will appear, but then it won’t appear. Can you check out Slide 1.2 on the attached file? There are other slides that I’m having a similar problem with as well, but I should be able to figure them out if we can get Slide 1.2 working.

Damaris Perez “Dee”
[cid:image003.jpg@01D603A9.487DD210]
Instructional Designer
Cell: 407.520.0305
Email: damaris.perez@t-mobile.com

Tyler Braddick

Damaris,

I think I got it figured out. I'm going to upload the file so that you can translate that into your project and get this resolved. You're currently missing a trigger that checks for both the app based and sms objects state to be 'visited' in order to make the Next button return to normal. 

Please use the story file for your reference along with the image to show you the full breakdown of the trigger for the next button to return to normal upon both sections being visited. 

Thanks,

Tyler

edit - I did find a missing hide layer trigger that I added. User clicks outside of the layer that pops up and that made it much easier to navigate the test slide.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.