Jul 13, 2016
We are building courses that are translated into Hindi (along with 17 other languages). We are finding that the Hindi characters are quite finicky.
The Chinese (both Traditional and Simplified) as well as Japanese often times have formatting issues when we utilize Arial font. In these cases, random characters appear bold in the Preview or Publish view (not on the development screen). The workaround we discovered was changing the characters to Arial Unicode.
With Hindi, it's a completely different ballgame. Random, nonsensical 'glyphs' appear in the Preview or Publish view (again, not in the development view). See attached image.
I realize that the existing workaround for Chinese and Japanese will work, but it begins to be extremely frustrating when all we have are workarounds and not answers to why this happens. Would love to know if there is an answer to that.