Hot Spot in Storyline 360

Feb 07, 2020

New user (4 hours) trying out things.  Had everything working fine, then added a custom "submit" button.  Now when the correct image is clicked on a hot spot the feedback is incorrect.  Any ideas what I did wrong?

1 Reply
Ned Whiteley

Hi Raymond,

This is a simple fix. The problem you have is that you are asking the user to click on an object on your base layer and the click the submit button. When that button is clicked it then submits the user's response. Unfortunately, the last thing on the base layer that the user selects is the Submit button, which is clearly the wrong answer and hence that is the feedback you receive.

To get around this, I have moved the Submit button to its own layer, which is "shown" when the timeline starts for the slide (see trigger on base layer) and hence will always be visible. Now, when the user selects the correct picture and then clicks on the Submit button, they are clicking on a different layer to the picture and so the correct result is achieved.

I hope this makes sense, but if you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to get back to me here.

The attached version 2 only includes the quiz slides from your original test story.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.