Hot Spots

Jun 02, 2014

Hi there - I want to have more control over my hints in screen recordings.  Specifically I want the hint to stay on the screen until the user clicks the correct item on the screen.  I would also like to make the hot spot itself visible.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Also, should I expect the lag I get when working with larger files.  My storyline file is currently 14 MB and it is really slow and unresponsive.  Selecting text is an issue.  I'm quite concerned because I only have one screen recording in the program, and the end product will have over 20.

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Susan,

When you insert a screen recording in try mode - you do have the option to choose to have the hint captions appear on hover or always:

You could also change the trigger associated with the hint caption on each slide, as currently if you selected "hover" the trigger would be created to show the hint caption layer when the user hovers the mouse over with the option selected to "restore on mouse leave" - so you could remove that option. 

In regards to the slowness of Storyline, there are a few things you may want to look into:

• First, work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.
  • I'd suggest saving your .story file regularly and not leaving it open while you're not working on it
  • I'd also review the minimum system requirements to Storyline
  • Close out other applications, programs, etc. that you don't need while working with Storyline. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.