Hotspots

Jul 03, 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to add a hotpots on a playing video in articulate 2 but every time I click the hotpot icon the whole video stop playing.  I am trying to create an interaction to enable user click on the video and an information will be display

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mariama,

I agree with Michael - it may be easier to take a look at your file, so if you're able to share here that would be best. I know I saw someone trying to accomplish a similar set up recently and their shape was not set for the length of the entire slide timeline so therefore the user was able to click on the video before the object's timeline started - so that may be something to check into. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mariama,

Thanks for sharing a copy of your file here - I see the video and then a rectangle with the wording "Click on the video if you can see air hazard" and that rectangle is a) set to appear about 3 secs into the timeline and only be visible for about 6 seconds, and b) it also doesn't cover the entire video placeholder. With that set up, users are able to click on the video the entire time and therefor pause the video - but it looks like you want them to click on the video, so I'm a bit confused as to your set up? 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.