Hotspots not working

Nov 04, 2013

I am trying to create an interactive e learning module using slides imported from powerpoint. I want to open layers using hotspots, I managed to get it to work last week but now on reopening the storyline, everything has stopped working.

What have I done wrong?

I must add that I am a newbie that has not had any formal training on this software and I am trying to fumble around in the dark ;-(

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Garry and welcome to Heroes! 

First, I'd suggest that you check that you're following these general guidelines for working with Storyline:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.

If it's just this one Storyline file that is causing difficulty, you'll want to try importing it into a new Storyline project  and if you're still having the same issue I'd suggest conducting a repair of your Storyline software in case something occurred during the installation. If you're still experiencing problems with the hotspots, are you able to share your .story file here so that we can test it? If you'd prefer to share it privately you can always share it here with us. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.