Hover states

Oct 10, 2019

We are having some inconsistencies with the hover states on this slide.

Once the image has been visited, the hover state no longer appears when you drag the cursor across it.

This works correctly on image 4, but not 1,2,3,5 and 6.

Can you please help?

4 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Jennifer

definitely something funky going on with images 1-6 (not 4) - see attached Peek video.  

When I try and select them from the edit screen they don't appear selected although the timeline highlights to show which object I'm on.  The only one I can see that actually 'selects' is No 4. So I think this may have something to do with the differing behaviour on hover.  

I tried creating a new project file and importing in but that didn't make a difference.

I then highlighted the picture in the timeline > right click > show in media library and it displays nothing as if the image isn't there.

You may need to log a support ticket with Articulate and get them to have a look at it.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

Joe Dey

Hi Jennifer

As the others have alluded to, the problem is with your images.  Did you create them in an external editor?  For example I removed the hover state on image 1 (2 policemen) and duplicated the normal state and set the duplicate to hover.  To my surprise instead of seeing an image of the 2 policemen I saw this image: a young woman.

That should not have happened!!!

So I deleted the image completely and replaced it with a random image and set it to have a hover state and a visited state, then I applied all of your triggers to image 1 and image 2 to ensure it worked and previewed it.  All worked as expected.  You will need to remove all of your corrupted images and redo them I'm afraid.  See the amended example below.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.